Property Casualty Consulting Services
In December 2000 I had a near brush with death because of a staph infection when I was literally told I potentially had just 2 hours to live. That sobering experience convinced me of several things:
- Life is indeed a “short parade”; and,
- The “road of life” has many turns for a reason; we aren’t supposed to see too far ahead; and,
- It was time to move on to a new chapter in my life, namely putting my 30 years in the national insurance trenches as a producer, an MGA, a TPA and an insurance company owner to work as a consultant, rather than as an agency owner and share my industry acumen to the betterment of the industry; and,
- I was first encouraged to become an insurance and reinsurance arbitrator. That encouragement motivated me to becoming certified as an insurance arbitrator in the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union and Bermuda; and,
- While accomplishing my global certifications as an arbitrator I kept receiving requests to provide expert testimony by both plaintiff and defense attorneys who knew me from retaining them to assist with my claims handling for over 2 decades.
I survived the staph infection and completed my personal “bucket list” in 2005 when I sold my national agency and began consulting full time. Today my consulting is nicely divided between arbitrations and expert testimony. This developed into a dual-track, second career which I truly enjoy. The separate aspects of those two very different roles is described in other tabs on this site.